House of Prayer is considering entering into a one-year partnership
with Family Promise of Clear Creek.
- Family Promise is a non-profit organization that helps families with children get back on their feet.
- These are families in our area who have fallen on hard times. They are not the chronically homeless.
- Many of these families are identified through local-area school districts.
- These families are thoroughly screened to ensure that they can benefit from the program.
- These families go through a background check including drug and alcohol testing.
- Counselling for job searching, financial management, and parenting is available.
- These families typically spend about 2 months in the program before"graduating".
- Once they leave, they cannot re-enter the program.
- There will be no more than 4 families or 14 people total at a time.
More information about Family Promise can be found at: http://www.ccfamilypromise.org
House of Prayer would participate by providing meals and a place to sleep for one week per quarter. This opportunity will not replace the already existing other uses of our building. There are many ways you can help with this program. Please take the short survey provided in the Sunday bulletin or the January newsletter, "The Messenger" to provide feedback to House of Prayer on volunteer opportunities. This will also allow you to leave questions and comments. You can forward this survey to family, friends, and neighbors who may be interested in partnering with House of Prayer. The House of Prayer Council will be making a formal decision early this year. You can forward this survey to family, friends, and neighbors who may be interested in partnering with House of Prayer. A Volunteer Opportunity Form is available for you to leave questions and comments. Please pray for this process, that House of Prayer may discern God's call to service.
ANGELS ARE SAILING!
"Gods Work Our Hands" at work in our local community!
Gene and Mary Lou Wallin use their sailboat Fresh Aire to support the Sailing Angel Foundation, providing sailing outings to special needs families and wounded warriors. Click on their names to see the Facebook photos!